Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tooth number two has made its debut. :) I am so surprised that this whole teething business has been so easy. The only way I know when a tooth has appeared is when I feel her gums. She has not been drooling excessively, she has not been fussier, and she has not had a hard time sleeping. Weird, huh? I was really dreading the whole process but I guess I don't need to worry, for now. Maybe things will change but I am certainly enjoying the lack of side effects. (I am sure she is as well) She does proudly use her two new little tools of destruction to make little tooth marks on anything she can get her hands on, including her books. Today she was chewing the cover off a book so I took it away from her, and she immediately began crying and stubbornly refused to be happy with any other toys. I did not give in, and after doing her sad routine for a little longer, she happily immersed herself in the new and equally interesting task of trying to eat our carpet. Laurel and Rachel came over today and we all had to laugh at her excessively dramatic crying whenever I was not holding her. I have seen plenty of babies cry when they are with strangers, but it is just funny to see the way she cries, it really seems more dramatic than the average baby. She really puts a lot of effort into making it sound like I have just abandoned her with some strangers. He he. She has also been making more effort towards crawling, but still nothing too exciting. She can sit up unsupported but not without someone nearby to watch her because she still falls over a lot. I am surprised that she is not better at this by now, since she is seven months old, but oh well. I guess eventually she will catch up. Anyway, no new pictures today but I will try to get some more up soon.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm carpet. Good afternoon snack. Lots of nutrients for the little one. : )
    *Weese*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay! You have a blog. How fun. Kaya is adorable.
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete